YAHOOOO! I just reached my target of "100 posts before the year ends" in this blog a couple of days ago! In my Quick Bytes blog, I just passed my 500th blog post. Super cool! =) Below is another survey from dNEERO, my easiest source of income. If you wanna earn extra money in dollars, answer the surveys I posted here, post it in your blog and earn $$$. Simple as 1-2-3! =) dNEERO totally rocks!
Got these amazing facts about Google HERE. Read on and don't leave your jaw hanging! Hehe!
• Google is the “fastest growing company in the history of the world.” – Times of London, 1/29/06
• Google controls 65.1% of all searches in the U.S. at the end of 2007 and 86% of all searches in the UK, according to measurement company Hitwise.
• Google was searched 4.4 billion times in the U.S. alone in October, 2007 (three times Yahoo), says Nielsen. Average searches per searcher: 40.7.
• Google’s sites had 112 million U.S. visitors in November, 2007, says Nielsen.
• Google’s traffic was up 22.4% in 2007 over 2006, according to Comscore.
• Google earned $15 billion revenue and $6.4 billion profit in 2007, a profit margin of 26.9%. Its revenue was up 57% in the last quarter of 2007 over 2006, says Yahoo Finance. As of late 2007, its stock was up 53% in a year. The company has a market capitalization of $207.6 billion.
• Google controls 79% of the pay-per-click ad market, according to RimmKaufman. It controls 40% of all online advertising, according to web site HipMojo.
• Google employed almost 16,000 people at the end of 2007, a 50% increase over the year before.
• Google became the No. 1 brand in the world in 2007, according to Millward Brown Brandz Top 100.
The new year is nearly here -- will you green or will you continue messing up the environment? The choice is yours! As for me, read my answers below =)
But have no time? If you have an old boat which you’d like to donate then you’ll be doing charity work already! That is, if you donate it to Boat Angel, a part of Angel Ministries, that use boat donations to create children's animation DVDs and anti-drug documentaries. This charity company gives out the DVDs for FREE that contain positive videos that will inculcate good values to your kids. It may sound very simple – donate boat and help charity but promise, your boat will go a long way! So how does their charity works out? The members of the ministry refurbish the donated boats and sell them at eBay (where else??). The money from the sale will then be used to make the DVDs and for shipping fees.
If you’re interested about their Children's Christian Animations on DVDs, you can order them for free. To preview some of their videos and for more info, you can search YouTube with the term “carangel”. Just recently, the ministry has completed their AntiDrug Use documentary starring skateboard legends Jay Adams from Dogtown's Z Boys, Christian Hosoi, Dennis Martinez (world champion), Bruce Logan (world skateboarding champion) in their rise to fame, fall coz of drugs and finally redemption. So, will I donate my boat? If I have a used one, I’ll surely will. Unfortunately, I haven’t got one and I haven’t even ridden on a boat yet! LOL!
SME or small to medium enterprises are the starting points of the big corporations of tomorrow. Usually these are mom-and-pop businesses that bloomed. Their major problem, especially when expanding their businesses, is the lack of cold hard cash. Sure, they can always apply for loans or small business credit lines in a bank or lending company, but that would take time. And most often, their application would just be disapproved. The solution? To use a third party like EZUnsecured.com for easy processing and fast funding of your loans. EZUnsecured.com is a business financing consulting company that specializes in unsecured lines of credit, business loans and credit cards. With them, your small business credit line will have a better chance to be approved by lenders because of their extensive experience. Check their site out for proof of their excellent service and excellent results. So if you have a small business needing more capital, let EZUnsecured.com help you get the most money you can qualify for!
With the rising cost of medical education to become a doctor, more and more people are turning to the medical assistant field. They get to work in the healthcare field they so love (bringing them contentment) and at the same time earn money. If you are one of those looking for medical assistant training programs and medical assistant schools, you can go checkout this LINK here. They have a list of medical assistant programs as well as other healthcare related programs.
From what I’ve heard, there are many licensed and practicing doctors who, when seeking greener pastures abroad, preferred to take the roles of medical assistants. Some people look down on what they thought of “demotion” on the part of the doctors. But that’s hardly true. According to a healthcare website, and I quote –
At one time, doctors were thought of as the fabric of the medical institution, but things are changing with managed care as nurses and medical assistants are finally receiving rightful credit for their increasing role in patient care, performing examinations, administering therapy treatments, and managing insurance and billing records.So, what are you waiting for? Check the site now and start making your medical dream come true! Good luck!
Labels: health matters
Found something cool on the internet today! Full article HERE. Enjoy reading!
* Reading in dim light ruins your eyesight - The majority of eye experts believe it is unlikely to do any permanent damage, but it may make you squint, blink more and have trouble focusing, the researchers said.
* Shaving makes hair grow back faster or coarser - It has no effect on the thickness or rate of hair regrowth, studies say. But stubble lacks the finer taper of unshaven hair, giving the impression of coarseness.
* Eating turkey makes you drowsy - It does contain an amino acid called tryptophan that is involved in sleep and mood control. But turkey has no more of the acid than chicken or minced beef. Eating lots of food and drink at Christmas are probably the real cause of sleepiness.
* We use only 10 percent of our brains - This myth arose as early as 1907 but imaging shows no area of the brain is silent or completely inactive.
* Hair and fingernails continue to grow after death - This idea may stem from ghoulish novels. The researchers said the skin dries out and retracts after death, giving the appearance of longer hair or nails.
* Mobile phones are dangerous in hospitals - Despite widespread concerns, studies have found minimal interference with medical equipment.
Labels: health matters
Then check out Talk121! This coming holidays, there will be loved ones we want to see who won't be able to attend our Christmas and New Year gatherings. A phone chat to them might assuage our longings but talk is definitely NOT cheap! Especially if you're the kind to yak on and on? The solution? Talk121! The company offers free chat and chat lines so if you need some extra free minutes to call your best girlfriend, here's your chance to chat the night away! =)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
>>wrapping paper! i always design how to pack the gifts to give it a more personal touch =)
2. Real tree or Artificial?
>>artificial so it won't be a hassle to cut a real one and drag it out when it dies
3. When do you put up the tree?
>>first week of November
4. When do you take the tree down?
5. Do you like egg nog?
>>not so much.. i'm more of a hot choco + mallows kind of girl
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
>>my one and only Barbie doll =)
7. Hardest person to buy for?
>>Labsie.. he doesn't tell me what he wants! "kahit ano lang" kind of guy, lol
8. Easiest person to buy for?
>>my mother, as long as its cute and pink, it will do! hehe
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
>>email! no hassle =)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
>>ummm, can't think of one
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
>>home alone 1.. the best!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
>>once 'BER sets in, hehe
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
>>yes! guilty as charged :p
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
>>Christmas in Our Hearts by Jose Mari Chan
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
>>travel but with family =)
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
>>Rudolph lang! hehe
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
>>angel holding a star -->that's exactly what we have right now Che, hehe
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
>>on Christmas Eve! along with Noche Buena
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
>>the crowd in mall and stores
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
>>good health and more blessings from God for my family and Labsie's family, and to all who needs it
Man, the lord geeks of Silicon Valley are singles no more! Bye-bye to my dreams of being married to billionaire super geniuses, LOL! Best wishes to the newly marrieds! And no, the two (Sergey Brin and Larry Page) didn't marry each other -- they are full-blooded males, hehe! The full article is HERE. If you're too lazy to read the whole stuff, here's a longish excerpt:
Google Inc. co-founder Larry Page, whose stake in the Internet search leader is worth about $20 billion, and Lucy Southworth are tying the knot in a ceremony scheduled for the weekend of Dec. 8, according to a report published Tuesday in the San Francisco Chronicle.
Page, 34, is following in the footsteps of Google's other founder, Sergey Brin, who married Anne Wojcicki six months ago in an exclusive ceremony in the Caribbean. The location of Southworth's and Page's wedding was not disclosed.
After Brin's wedding, Mountain View-based Google invested $3.9 million in Wojcicki's biotechnology startup, 23andMe Inc.
Southworth was a biomedical informatics doctoral student at Stanford University, where both Page and Brin were studying as graduate students before leaving to start Google in 1998. Page has been dating Southworth for more than a year.
Hey, you all teens out there! I know you love to yak over the phone (I was once a teen too, lol) and meet new persons -- and I found a great way to do these stuff for FREE! Yeah, you heard me, free chat over the phone with interesting guys and gurls! =) Here are your choices: Chat Lines, Chat Free and Free Teen Chat -- all these websites offer free calls and they list phone numbers in over 150 cites where anyone over 18 can chat live on the phone with other singles. You can also leave Voice Personals for others to hear when you are off the phone. The best thing? Callers don't have to give out their REAL phone numbers and are anonymous when they are on the system. What a nice security touch! Safety first before anything else, eh?
I may not be from the US but I'm quite concerned with the upcoming 2008 Presidential Elections coz our country has close relationship with mighty America. Below are my thoughts about the 2008 US Elections. Personally, I'm rooting for Obama =) What about you?
I must admit I'm not much into board games except for chess so backgammon is relatively new to me. And I was kinda surprised it's really popular, coz if it's not, would there even be a backgammon online version? I think not! For those like me who is not familiar with backgammon, here's a brief description from Wikipedia:
Backgammon is a board game for two players in which checkers (also called pieces, stones, men, counters, pawns or chips) are moved after each roll of the dice. A player wins by removing all of his checkers from the board. As the playing time for each individual game is short, it is often played in matches, where victory is awarded to the first player to reach a certain number of points.So far, the online backgammon I've tried is the one in Mister Gammon. Just download their software and get ready to play against backgammon players worldwide. If you think you're really good, join the tournaments. So, shall I see you there?? =)
Curious what dNEERO found last December 5 and 9? Scroll down to my answered surveys! =) For all those who asked how I make money by blogging (Hi Melissa! Namesake! Hehe), CLICK HERE to read the post where I listed the get-paid-to blog websites =) If you need guidance or whatever, feel free to contact me via melissa.solitoATgmail.com ... Happy earning!
The war in Iraq is a very touchy subject in the US and the rest of the world. It's been more than 5 years since US "rescued" the people of Iraq, but there's still no stability in the region. What went wrong? You can read more on my Iraq stance below.
On a lighter note, here's a cool survey about movies, TV shows and entertainment bits =) And if you wanna earn extra money for this Christmas season for buying gifts, answer the surveys I posted, post it in your blog and earn $$$. Simple! =) dNEERO totally rocks!
I just read in EnGadget that Apple donated iPod nanos to over 100 kids in a California school district who lost their homes in the recent wildfires tragedy. I'm so envious!!! LOL! At least, even though they lost a home, Apple was able to give the kids a lil holiday cheer. I mean, who wouldn't want to receive a NANO?? Here's a bit of EnGadget's article:
Affected high school students in Poway, California, received the devices after Steve Boyack, husband of a Poway city councilwoman, noticed that fundraising and gift drives organized by the city targeted mainly young children and older folks and decided to write Steve Jobs an email at his famously public email address. Steve didn't write back, but Michael Foulkes, Apple's senior manager for state and local government affairs, soon had the iPods on their way. Apple being Apple, it's declined to comment on the story, and Boyack says the company didn't want any publicity to begin with, saying, "It was strictly from the heart and just wanting to help."
If you’re tired of playing backgammon with your offline friends, why not try to play it online and make new friends? Yes boys and girls, you can now play backgammon online. You can go to GAMMON world which offers the latest information about backgammon tournaments and events. There are also tips on how to play backgammon better. And for those who are not native English speakers, don’t fret coz the site is available in six languages =)